- Create a new storyboard
- Cut the View Controller out of the old storyboard and paste it in the new one.
- In the new Storyboard, in the Attributes inspector, set “Is Initial View Controller” and change the Bottom Bar to Opaque Tab Bar
- And in the Identify inspector, set Storyboard ID to NewStoryboard.
- In the old storyboard, drag out a Storyboard Reference from the Library.
- Control drag from the source View Controller to the Storyboard Reference and select “Relationship Segue > view controllers” from the popup.
- In the Storyboard Reference’s Attribute inspector, change Storyboard to an item from the dropdown (used NewStoryboard in this example).
- Unfortunately the Nav Bar Item icon on the old storyboard appears as a square with the text Item. Haven’t solved that yet.
I thought I missed “Editor menu > Refactor to Storyboard…” but it will only take 1 view controller with it.
As of Xcode Version 11.6